I have taken my Personality Traits test (PT) for entrepreneurs during our Technopreneurship 1 class. We were required to answer the questions on a limited time. Though the situation was not easy, I am still able to answer the questions truthfully. Before we started the test, within myself I already know that I am not fit to be a entrepreneur nor technopreneur like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. Maybe I could do a small business but I know that I cannot be a successful in a big business.
While
reading and answering the questions, I noticed that every option
always has money involved or choosing between myself or my family or
friends.
Also there are some answers that choosing between a simple living and a luxurious living and how can you say that you are happy? I realized that I am not fitted to be a good leader in a big company like Steve Jobs or the present Microsoft Corporation’s CEO Steve Ballmer. I already know myself that I cannot be like those mentioned successful person and I already know the possible consequences of becoming like those above mentioned persons, and knowing those consequences, I think that I should not be like them. I should rather have a simple life and work as an employee in a company or a government employee. I would be satisfied having enough salary to buy food and my other necessities for me and my family.
Also there are some answers that choosing between a simple living and a luxurious living and how can you say that you are happy? I realized that I am not fitted to be a good leader in a big company like Steve Jobs or the present Microsoft Corporation’s CEO Steve Ballmer. I already know myself that I cannot be like those mentioned successful person and I already know the possible consequences of becoming like those above mentioned persons, and knowing those consequences, I think that I should not be like them. I should rather have a simple life and work as an employee in a company or a government employee. I would be satisfied having enough salary to buy food and my other necessities for me and my family.
The
result of my Personality Traits test is I scored 35 or “neutral”
in entrepreneurial field, this is because of my reasons mentioned
above and also that I am not willing to take risk contrary to the
characteristic of an entrepreneur. I am not saying that I am a
pessimist or I always think negative, I just tink that I am not a
risk-taker. And I am not closing my mind being an entrepreneur but it
is just it is not my priority. Because of this attitude I am not
willing to take risk to open up a business particularly investing a
big capital to put up my own business.
On
my previous reflections specifically my reflection about Steve Jobs
success factors to his career. I listed some of his success factors
but the one that stands out is his leadership towards his company and
his attitudes to his employees. When I first heard the name Steve
jobs, who is the CEO, Chairman and Co-founder of Apple computers, I
did not know that he is is just a leader in their company, I thought
that he was the one who designs and programmed their products. Just
like Bill Gates who is the chief software architect and the same time
the Chairman and Co-founder and the first CEO of Microsoft
Corporation, who designed and programmed his products, particularly
when the Microsoft is just making its name to the IT industry. I
think Steve Jobs and Jeana Fernandez (myself) has a contrasting
attitude. First, Steve Jobs, is very focused on his business, he is a
slave to his business or business is his life and he cannot think of
himself having a healthy life without doing his business. Second, he
is a good PR and a good speaker in front of a people or crowd, which
is I am very afraid to do. And third, we do not have the same belief.
We are just different, simply different with each other. And as we
know how Steve Jobs were able to run his company and to managed his
great employees to create and able to be able to meet Steve Jobs
standards for his products.
I
really am amazed of how Steve Jobs managed to recover when we was
fired by his own company and was able to build or founded another
company which is the Pixar that is also a very successful in film
industry.
I
do not think that Steve Jobs would stop his business career not until
he experience great disease, and this disease cause his death -
cancer. Cancer is one of the most painful disease and the one that
struck Steve Jobs is the pancreatic cancer. He quit his job because
of this disease he started living his life with his family and
leaving his job as the CEO and chairman of Apple computers.
As
for me having a contradicting attitude of Steve Jobs, I think I
should give more priority to my family and being happy rather than
having a a big name, great company, fame and power but not happily
living with my family nor contented living in this world. I would be
happily living in a simple and average life.
I
don’t dream big and I want to dream big. I think the result of my
Personal Traits test were correct since I answered the test
truthfully and I am somewhat amaze of my classmates who got a high
potential as an entrepreneur based on the questions that we have
answered or the test that we have taken. They can probably be the
next Steve Jobs, but as me I do not want a to be the average Joe but
the average Jen :). Steve Jobs only started his life when he retired
from his work, only after his retirement he started enjoying the life
that was given to every person. Unlike him, I will grab the
opportunity of having a good health and a still at my young age to
use to do my best that in that in the end I could say that my I have
not regretted that I have chosen this path. I am not despising those
people who wants to be like Steve Jobs someday, I am just saying my
opinion of being an entrepreneur or a technopreneur someday.
As
for the result of my Personality Traits test of being an
entrepreneur, I am satisfied and I can agree to the result that come
out. May God bless and guide whatever path that you have chosen.




0 comments:
Post a Comment